This is an opportunity for you to critique an actual program plan and its evaluation. This critique will get you thinking about the strengths and weaknesses of the program and how to apply the learnings to your own work.
you will critique a health or healthcare program from the literature. Before you begin working on this , please visit the module Resources section and explore the provided program critique reading resource. Then, analyze the information based on expected and actual outcomes, the effectiveness of the program, and the areas of improvement.
This activity will help you analyze the identified program’s flaws and/or shortfalls and understand how these could have been avoided or addressed. Your analysis will help you to take preventive measures while planning your own program for the course project.
Write a program critique analysis that critically examines a health or healthcare program intended to meet a specific health need.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Program Outcomes: Explain how the program achieves its desired outcomes. Consider the following questions to guide your response:
- Is there a gap between the expected and actual program outcomes? Explain why or why not.
- Would you change any of the outcome measures?
- Program Effectiveness: Describe whether you consider this program effective or ineffective, including examples and evidence to support your claims. Consider the following question to guide your response:
- What would you need to know about any program to decide if it is effective?
- Analysis of Improvement Areas: Analyze the areas of improvement needed concerning the program’s data collection, analysis, or outcome measures. Consider the following questions to guide your response:
- Which two areas related to data collection and analysis do you believe need to be addressed to improve this program?
- Which two areas related to outcome measures do you believe need to be addressed to improve this program?
- Summary and Recommendations: With respect to the program planning concepts covered thus far within this course, summarize your findings from the program analysis and share your recommendations. Consider the following questions to guide your response:
- Which two aspects of this program are effective? Justify your answer.
- Which two activities would you recommend to improve program outcomes and effectiveness?
Note that all the claims in your deliverable should be evidence-based. Your citations should be from your independent search for evidence (not from the scenario, textbook, or module resources) of credible sources and be current within the last five years. You are required to cite a minimum of two sources, at least one of which should be separate from your own research. Refer to the Shapiro Library Guide: Nursing—Graduate located in the Start Here section of the course for additional support. If you need writing support, access the Online Writing Center through the Academic Support module of your course.
Guidelines for Submission
Your submission should be a 2- to 3-page Word document. Also include a title page. Use 12-point Times New Roman font, double spacing, and one-inch margins. Sources should be cited according to APA style.
The following resources support your work on the assignment:
Document: Program Critique Guide
Review this document to help you understand the difference between criticism and critiquing. This understanding will help you complete your program critique assignment.
Template: Program Critique Template
Review this document to help you complete your program critique assignment. You are not required to submit this template for grading, but it is highly recommended that you use this document to organize your thoughts and claims for your program critique assignment.