- What incentives influence firms to use international strategies? What are the three basic benefits firms can gain by successfully implementing an international strategy? Why?
- Determine why, given the advantages of international diversification, some firms choose not to expand internationally. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- As firms attempt to internationalize, they may be tempted to locate their facilities where business regulation laws are lax. Discuss the advantages and potential risks of such an approach, using specific examples to support your response.
Top executives and members of a corporation’s board of directors have different roles and responsibilities. Traditionally, executives have been responsible for determining the firm’s strategic direction and implementing strategies to achieve it, whereas the board of directors has been responsible for monitoring and controlling managerial decisions and actions. Some argue that boards should become more involved with the formulation of a firm’s strategies.
- How would the board’s increased involvement in the selection of strategies affect a firm’s strategic competitiveness?
- What evidence would you offer to support their position?
- Explain why firms experience evolutionary cycles in which there is a fight between strategy and structure, punctuated with periods in which strategy and structure are reshaped. Provide examples of global firms that have experienced this pattern.
- Choose a CEO of a prominent firm that you believe exemplifies the positive aspects of strategic leadership.
- What actions does this CEO take that demonstrate effective strategic leadership?
- What are the effects of those actions on the firm’s performance?
Please leave answers in NUMBER FORM so I know which one is which!