To prepare for this assignment:
- Using the Walden Library, conduct a search for an article that addresses suicide risk, evaluation of suicide potential, and/or involuntary hospitalization of forensic populations. Select one such article for use in this Discussion.
- Carefully review the article paying close attention to the subjects being studied, the assessment instruments used, the method of study, and the results/recommendations.
- Consider how the data contained in and the results of this research study might be used by forensic psychology professionals in clinical forensic settings.
The assignment (1–2 pages):
- Briefly summarize the research study you selected. Be sure to include the data and results of the study that you think are applicable to clinical forensic settings.
- Explain how a forensic psychology professional might apply the information in this research study to a clinical forensic setting, and in what circumstances, including but not limited to situations in which a forensic psychology professional must conduct an evaluation of a patient for his or her potential suicide risk and/or potential involuntary hospitalization. Be specific.