4. Identify the dilemma: explain the ethical support for alternative choices. Contrast reasons using prepositions: “Respect-for___,” versus “Fairness- between_____&_____,” versus “Consequences-of______” issues.
5. Explain the Rights/Respect issues of who ought to have which rights based on promises, expectations, autonomy and dignity, not just laws. Use the phrase: “Respect for____” with our very limited sets of rights & duties: truth, promises, privacy, property, & health/body.
6. Explain the Fairness/Justice issues in terms of treating equals the same and treating people with different of needs and earned differences, differently. Use the phrase: “Fair between ____&___.”
7. Explain the Benefits/Consequences in terms of who, when, size, and certainty of positive and negative consequences. Consider Long Run versus Short Run and use the phrase: “Consequences of______.”
8. Choose one position and explain WHY it is MORE ethical than the alternatives, refuting your support for the other positions. Where there is a dilemma, explain why ethical support for one choice is better than support for the other choices. Explain what about this case makes these ethical reasons more important.