A. Team Conflict & Decision Making
i. Conflict Code of Conduct
• Outline the expected code of conduct when team members experience disagreements about the project, processes, or interpersonal differences.
ii. Initial Conflict & Conflict Escalation
• Detail the steps that team members are expected to follow in order to work through an initial conflict.
• Outline escalation procedures for team members to follow if initial conflicts cannot be resolved, including individuals who will have ruling and authoritative decisions in the conflict (e.g., team leader, mentor*, etc.).
*If this individual is external to the team, their signature is also required to acknowledge they understand their role as an impartial judge within a conflict situation.
• Outline how the team plans to come to an agreed upon decision.
• Outline procedures to follow when sub-groups (i.e., not including all team members) make project decisions.
• Detail what the team will do when one or two team members have a different view of a decision.
• Detail the steps the team will take if a decision cannot be reached including individuals who will have ruling authority in a final decision (e.g., team leader, mentor*, etc.).
*If this individual is external to the team, their signature is also required to acknowledge they understand their role as an impartial judge within a decision-making situation.