Visit the following fact sheet and then respond to the questions that follow: http://www.doj.state.or.us/victims/pdf/domestic_violence_and_children.pdf
- Why is it important to consider the age when a child is exposed to domestic violence?
- Identify and describe the effects of witnessing domestic violence on a child of 3, 10 and 13.
- Identify and describe at least 3 ways that professionals/helpers can effectively respond to child witnesses of domestic violence.
- What behaviors might parents expect to see in their children and what strategies should parents employ to help manage these behaviors?
- List at least 2 resources (and/or resource agencies) that would be helpful to professionals working with child witnesses. Describe the resources and/or services provided by the resource agencies.
- Please use proper in-text citations and references to support your statements.