This assignment is due on 12/1/2021. This requires two page digital newsletter for this assignment. Please read the uploaded documents.
Decision-making for students with disabilities should include all relevant stakeholders. Collaboration with families concerning the practical application of assessment results to the classroom setting is important for building trust and rapport. School-based team members can contribute feedback on how to incorporate assessment results into the development of the IEP. Special education teachers should be up-to-date on assessment tools, resources, and practices to ensure they can fully advocate for and meet the needs of students that are being served.
Create a two-page digital newsletter for families that highlights how special education assessments and their results help with planning special education services within the classroom.
Within your newsletter, include the following:
- Identify and describe one current technology-based special education assessment tool that can be used to evaluate students’ needs.
- Outline three potential benefits and three drawbacks of using the assessment tool for special education assessment.
- Explain how this assessment tool minimizes bias in the classroom.
- Select one specific section of the IEP.
- Describe how formal assessment results determine the content of this section of the IEP.
- Provide two examples how the content of this IEP section would affect day-to-day collaborative planning for a core content area.
- Create a “Tips for Families” section in the newsletter. Share at least three tips on how families can support their child in addressing their assessment strengths and needs to succeed in school.
- Include an “Additional Resources” section describing three or more local, community, state, or federal resources, that families could contact for additional information on classroom assessments and learning. Offer a mix of resources that can be accessed online, in print, and/or in person (including by phone).