Using the topic you have developed in PSY-530 (if you have not taken PSY-530, please check with your instructor about a topic), write a Research Proposal (2,000-2,500 words) on a topic relevant to the course. To complete the Research Proposal, do the following:
Review the attached document “Research Proposal Guidelines” as well as Topic 7 lecture section on The Results and Discussion Sections in the Research Proposal for a brief overview pertaining to “how to” complete the assignment.
- Introductory section: Include hypothesis and a review of the literature.
- Method section: Include subsections on Participants, Apparatus/Materials/Instruments, Procedure, and Design.
- Results section: Include statistic, critical values, degrees of freedom, and alpha level.
- Discussion section: Include interpretation of results, ethical concerns, limitations of study, and suggestions for future research.
- Figures and Tables section: Include a minimum of two (either two figures, two tables, or a figure and a table).
Include at least 8-10 scholarly references.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
MS Psychology, Forensic Psychology; General Psychology; GeroPsychology; Health Psychology; Human Factors Psychology; Industrial and Organizational Psychology; Life Coaching
3.3: Design an innovative research study
4.3: Plan and manage the necessary process for the completion of a research project.