Your assignment this week will focus on the case study about Uber and its competitive entry into the Chinese market (p. 560 in the textbook).
We once again visit the country of China, this time to look at the transportation ride-sharing sector of the market.
Reflecting on this week’s content focusing on ethical leadership, strategy, and alliances, develop an responding to the following questions.
- Why did Uber want to expand into China?
- what was so appealing about the Chinese market?
- What advantages did Didi have to help it win its competitive battle with Uber?
- What are the pros and cons of the merger between Didi and Uber China?
- comparing and contrasting their different expansion strategies and tactics while taking into consideration ethical leadership and alliances?
- Assume you have been hired by Didi to evaluate Uber’s leadership team and the company culture they foster.
- Include in your evaluation the strengths of the Uber management team as well as the weaknesses that Didi could capitalize on in order to make Didi’s company more appealing to customers.
Chapters 10 & 11 in International Management: Culture, Strategy, and Behavior
In-Depth Integrative Case Study 4.1: How Didi Fought Uber in China and Won: Next, Taking on the World (p. 560) in International Management: Culture, Strategy, and Behavior
Adams, D., Adams, K, Ullah, S., & Ullah, F. (2019). Globalisation, governance, accountability and the natural resource ‘curse’: Implications for socio-economic growth of oil-rich developing countries. Resources Policy, 61, 128-140.
Vendrell-Herrero, F., Gomes, E., Bustinza, O., & Mellahi, K. (2018). Uncovering the role of cross-border strategic alliances and expertise decision centralization in enhancing product-service innovation in MMNEs. International Business Review, August 2018, 27(4), 814-825.
Bătae, O. M. (2018). Ethics and the impact on corporate governance. Cross-Cultural Management Journal, XX(1), 59-64.
should meet the following requirements:
- Be 6 pages in length, which does not include the title page, abstract, or required reference page, which is never a part of the content minimum requirements.
- Use APA (7th ed) style guidelines.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least 10 scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Please include in the answer Appendix ( Graph or table …)
· Use a standard format for responses to all questions (i.e., an introduction, middle paragraphs, headline (and conclusion).
· Make sure to include all the key points within conclusion section, which is discussed in the assignment. Your way of conclusion should be logical, flows from the body of the paper, and reviews the major points.
· I would like to see more depth for the question
· Responses must be submitted as a MS Word Document only, typed double-spaced, using a standard font (i.e. Times New Roman) and 12 point type size.
· Plagiarism All work must be free of any form of plagiarism.
· Written answers into your own words. Do not simply cut and paste your answers from the Internet and do not copy your answers from the textbook