- Pick either an endurance or power/explosive sport. Prepare a written paper of at least 1000 words answering the following bullet points:
- Discuss homeostatic mechanisms that ensure optimal athletic performance. Think about electrolytic, acid-base, and fluid balance. Include hormones and their mechanisms of action.
- Discuss physiological consequences of renal failure in these three processes.
- How do metabolic imbalances impact athletic performance?
- Your paper should be formatted as a proper research paper with an introduction and conclusion. Do not simply follow the bullet points above, but really think about what you have learned and how that relates to other material we have covered, and knowledge you have from other courses you may have taken. The Research and Report assignments in this course are capstone assignments for each module. You should be integrating everything that you learned in the textbook, explorations, discussions, and lab activities into your papers.
- All references must be cited using APA Style format. Please refer to the CCCOnline APA Citation Toolkit.
Identify the tenets and application of a nursing theory. Discuss the impact of the identified nursing theory on evidence-based practice. – Identify the nurse theory