In order to complete this discussion, you need to first:
- watch the Watch item “What Is Truth?”
- read Dew & Foreman pp. 41-43 (section on “Pragmatism” only)
- read “Truth: Pragmatic Theories” (section 6 only)
If you have not done so, stop now to view and read that material.
This discussion is on the Pragmatic theory of truth and criticisms that philosophers have raised against it, as presented in the sources above.
For your thread, consider the various arguments against Pragmatism and answer each question:
- Pick which one you think is either the strongest OR the weakest/least clear argument against Pragmatism, and explain why. (A specific line of reasoning against Pragmatism must be examined.)
- Why is Pragmatism popular or attractive to many, in your opinion?
Your thread should directly engage with the specified course material.
Please review the Discussion Assignment Instructiownload Discussion Assignment Instructions prior to posting. You may also click the three dots in the upper corner to Show Rubric.
Discussion Thread: Epistemology Resources:
Read: Truth: Pragmatic Theories