Funny in Farsi was a memoir, a collection of stories about a person’s life which often contain lessons. Your assignment is to write a memoir of your life.
- Include a collection of short stories that focus on one main theme or idea related to your life story.
- Your stories can and should elicit multiple emotions.
- Have an exciting beginning that draws the reader in. You can use action, a vivid description, or dialogue, for instance.
- Be written in first person (“I”)
- Explain memories in detail and be told in logical order
- Use vivid, detailed description full of imagery
- Include some dialogue
- Include a short reflection paragraph that reflects on the memory and explains to the reader why this is significant. By the end of the story, the message, or “SO WHAT?” should be clear: the reader should know why you wrote this and what he/she is supposed to learn from it.
- Be a minimum of 5 pages in length; must contain 5 separate stories.
- Be typed, double-spaced, with size 12 font, 1” margins all around.
- Have a creative, catchy, original title FOR EACH STORY within your memoir.
- Use MLA formatting.
- Each story within your memoir should have its own page.