- Pregnant women have increased requirements for calories and for most nutrients. Some nutrients are more important than others.
- What are 2-3 of the most important vitamins and minerals needed during the pregnancy stage?
- Why are these specific nutrients needed?
- What health issues can these nutrients prevent?
- The nutritional status and health of many American children and adolescents has been declining in recent years.
- Explain some of the reasons for this nutritional decline in children and teens?
- What are some health issues that are occurring in children and teens that once were only seen in adults and considered adult diseases?
- What are some important vitamins and minerals that children and teens need and why?
- What steps can parents take to improve the nutritional status and health of children and adolescents and reverse this trend?
this class is elements of health & wellness!!!!