Unit 3 focused on both the nervous and endocrine systems. Both are essential communication systems for the body and play vital roles in homeostatic balance. The endocrine system produces chemical messengers that travel throughout the body via the circulatory system and interact with receptor cells. If the interaction cannot occur, the receptor cell cannot respond, causing the system to become out of balance, homeostasis.
This discussion aims to have you select one hormone, describe its typical function, and discuss what happens under hypersecretion OR hyposecretion of the hormone. Your post must contain the following information:
- Location of hormone production and secretion
- The stimulus that causes the secretion of the hormone
- Target cell of secreted hormone and its effect on those cells
- The overall effect on the system/body as a result of the response of target cells
- Effect of hyposecretion OR hypersecretion of the hormone
Please validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format. Enter your response by using the REPLY button below these instructions: