Details:In this assignment, students will pull together the change proposal project components they have been working on throughout the course to create a proposal inclusive of sections for each content focus area in the course. At the conclusion of this project, the student will be able to apply evidence-based research steps and processes required as the foundation to address a clinically oriented problem or issue in future practice.
Students will develop a 1,250-1,500 word paper that includes the following information as it applies to the problem, issue, suggestion, initiative, or educational need profiled in the capstone change proposal:
- Problem statement
- Purpose of the change proposal
- Literature search strategy employed
- Evaluation of the literature
- Applicable change or nursing theory utilized
- Proposed implementation plan with outcome measures
- Identification of potential barriers to plan implementation, and a discussion of how these could be overcome
- Appendix section, if tables, graphs, surveys, educational materials, etc. are created
Review the feedback from your instructor on the Topic 3 assignment (PICOT Statement Paper) and Topic 6 assignment (Literature Review). Use the feedback to make appropriate revisions to the portfolio components before submitting.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Expert Solution Preview
The assignment requires students to develop a comprehensive change proposal project that addresses a clinically oriented problem or issue in future practice. The proposal should include sections for each content focus area covered in the course. The goal of the assignment is for students to apply evidence-based research steps and processes to solve a problem or address an issue.
The paper should be between 1,250-1,500 words and include the following sections:
1. Background: Provide a background or context for the problem or issue being addressed in the change proposal.
2. Problem statement: Clearly state the problem or issue that the proposal aims to address.
3. Purpose of the change proposal: Describe the purpose or objective of the proposal.
4. PICOT: Include a PICOT statement, which stands for Population, Intervention, Comparison, Outcome, and Timeframe. This statement helps formulate a focused research question related to the problem or issue.
5. Literature search strategy employed: Explain the approach used to search for relevant literature related to the problem or issue.
6. Evaluation of the literature: Evaluate and analyze the literature found during the search process. Discuss the key findings and relevance to the proposed change.
7. Applicable change or nursing theory utilized: Identify and discuss the change or nursing theory that will guide the proposed implementation.
8. Proposed implementation plan with outcome measures: Outline a plan for implementing the proposed change, including specific outcome measures for evaluating its effectiveness.
9. Identification of potential barriers to plan implementation, and a discussion of how these could be overcome: Recognize and address potential barriers to implementing the proposed change. Discuss strategies for overcoming these barriers.
10. Appendix section: Include any additional material such as tables, graphs, surveys, or educational materials created for the proposal.
Students should review feedback from their instructor on the Topic 3 assignment (PICOT Statement Paper) and Topic 6 assignment (Literature Review) and make appropriate revisions to their portfolio components before submitting the final paper.
The assignment should be prepared according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, and an abstract is not required. It is essential to review the rubric provided to understand the expectations for successful completion. The final paper must be submitted to Turnitin as directed by the instructor.